, Facial Care
, Personal well-being
Ten golden rules for banishing acne
If only it were possible to get rid of acne by saying: “You know what? I don’t like you. Actually, I’ve never liked you.” If only. But it won't work. Getting rid of acne is not an easy battle. You have always known that. But we’ve got a strategy. And it can’t fail: CONSISTENCY.
Here are the ten commandments, golden rules... whatever you would rather call them, to get rid of acne once and for all. Are you ready?
- Deep cleanse every day Preferably at night. During the day, large amounts of grease and dirt build up on the skin. You must deep cleanse the skin to stop this dirt from penetrating and forming spots. Try the new Acniover range. Five products that cover three basic requirements for effective acne treatment: cleansing, prevention and control.
- Don’t use your mother’s or your best friend’s products: every person has a different body, skin and peculiarities that makes him/her unique and special. In fact, in this case it is absolutely true to say “the cure is worse than the disease”, because when you use unsuitable products, your skin reacts by getting greasy, dull and acne gets worse. Go to a chemist or see a dermatologist if you have questions. They’ll advise you.
- One of the hardest things: a HEALTHY diet Food is everything. It’s the body’s fuel and it is responsible for how we look, our health and vitality. It is far more important than exercise. Stay away from sugary drinks, alcohol, processed baked goods and cured meats. The body finds them hard to process. And all the impurities tend to turn up on the face as acne.
- The truth is that nobody in history has ever relaxed because they have been told to. But I have to say it: relax! Stress is the underlying cause of many diseases and conditions, and one of them is acne.
- Clean sheets Keep your surroundings clean and change your sheets regularly. Hygiene is acne's enemy.
- Don't touch that spot! How often have you heard that? And how many of us are guilty of doing it... It’s as though we just can’t help ourselves. We know how hard it is not to pick and squeeze spots and blackheads, but you must try as hard as you can to resist. Don’t touch that spot!
- Don’t go to bed wearing make-up At the end of the day, make-up is just dirt on your face. It blocks the pores, stops the skin from breathing and- lo and behold - there’s the spot! Unfortunately, it’s a question of two and two make four. You should also remember that during the night, while you are asleep and resting, your body - including your skin - recovers and regenerates.
- Don’t use body products on your face Lack of time, laziness or just not knowing any better means that sometimes we put body products on our faces. Don't do it! They tend to be thicker and they suffocate the skin.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Morning and afternoon, summer and winter, whether you’re on holiday or working/studying. You must ALWAYS protect yourself from the sun. It doesn’t just damage your skin, it also causes spots.
- And lastly, back to the beginning: BE CONSISTENT. It won't be easy at first. But remember, once you’ve got used to a routine, not only will you do it without thinking, you’ll need to do it. Your skin will thank you for it.
Go for it! If you’ve made it this far, you’re closer to your goal. ;)